Post-workout recovery super shake
Getting in the right nutrients after exercise can help you rebuild your muscle proteins and glycogen stores. It also helps stimulate growth of new muscle.
Here’s how to make your shake great:
- Pick a liquid; 4-8 oz. (anything unsweetened)
- Add protein; 25-50 grams (whey, rice, hemp, etc.)
- Pick a veggie; 1-2 handfuls (greens, pumpkin, beets, powdered greens)
- Pick a fruit; a serving, fresh or frozen (bananas and apples are sweetest, berries work well)
- Add some healthy fat; 1 thumb-sized portion (avocado, nut butter, chia seeds, flax meal)
- Blend and enjoy.
Click the video for details.